1.3.09

Nnniéééé ??

Petite citation extraite de Dreams from my Father, autobiographie de Barack Obama (1996).
Celui-ci raconte sa première visite du Kenya, pays de son père. Alors qu'il observe le paysage pendant un safari, il divague:

"And I thought to myself: This is what Creation looked like. The same stillness, the same crunching of bone. There in the dusk, over that hill, I imagined the first man stepping forward, naked and rough-skinned, grasping a chunk of flint in his clumsy hand, no words yet for fear, the anticipation, the awe he feels at the sky, the glimmering knowledge of his own death."

Je sursaute, je sursaute mais peut-être suis-je trop terre-à-terre?

Image from Bizarro
via Stranger Fruit

2 commentaires:

Professor Woland a dit…

Extrait d'une interview du Senator Obama sur York Daily record (source http://www.faithfullyliberal.com/?p=943):

Q: York County was recently in the news for a lawsuit involving the teaching of intelligent design. What’s your attitude regarding the teaching of evolution in public schools?
A: “I’m a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state. But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there’s a difference between science and faith. That doesn’t make faith any less important than science. It just means they’re two different things. And I think it’s a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don’t hold up to scientific inquiry.”

Miss Poppycock a dit…

Merci Professor, me voilà un peu rassurée!

Enregistrer un commentaire